Following our earlier advice, the situation has changed rapidly in the UAE. From today (tonight NZ time), there will be a temporary suspension of visas with the only exception being diplomatic visas.
Here are the details:
- Visas on arrival are cancelled except for holders of diplomatic passports
- Suspension of visa waiver countries entering the UAE, except for diplomatic passports
- Countries who were previously exempt from visa restrictions are no longer exempt (this includes New Zealand)
- Those who have received UAE tourist visas but who have not yet entered the country will have their visa cancelled, and a refund arranged
- This does not apply to transit passengers
Note: All citizens who could enter the UAE with the current decision would need to undertake 14 days of quarantine.
We will keep you posted on further developments.