During this COVID-19 Lockdown phase, we thought it would be useful to arrange a briefing from the key NZ trade and consular figures in the Middle East to brief you on what is happening in their respective countries.
We are delighted we have been able to arrange a panel of our senior in market representatives on Thursday 16 April from 5.00 to 6.00pm.
This will be by Zoom and registrations are essential. Please register here to receive the Zoom link.
Purpose: Update to NZMEBC members on Gulf countries’ responses to COVID-19 (including Expo2020) and a two way discussion on impacts for New Zealand business.
Time/Date: Thursday 16 April, 8am Saudi time / 9am UAE time / 5pm NZ time.
- Opening by NZMEBC Chair, Andrew Short (3-4 mins)
- NZ Ambassador to UAE, Matt Hawkins, to provide an overview of the UAE Government response and advice for NZers in the UAE (3-4 mins)
- NZ Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, James Munro, to provide an overview of the SA Government response and advice for NZers in the SA (and wider Gulf accreditations) (3-4 mins)
- Trade Commissioner, Kevin McKenna, to provide overview of impacts for business (and advice/solutions where known) (3-4 mins)
- Trade Commissioner, Ahmad Zakkout, to provide overview of impacts for business (and advice/solutions where known) (3-4 mins)
- NZ@Expo Commissioner, Clayton Kimpton, to cover Expo2020 postponement proposal, where to from here and what this means for NZ businesses engaged with expo to date. (3-4 mins)
- Q and A facilitated by Chair (20 mins)
We are very appreciative of the efforts made by MFAT to bring together this very powerful team to brief NZMEBC members and look forward to your participation.
Contact Michelle Boag at email@example.com or 021940884 if you have any queries.