In this issue:
- Applications open for Dubai Future Accelerator Programme.
- NZMEBC Commercial Workshop on Wednesday 4 December, 5.30 PM, accompanied by Christmas Drinks.
- Last opportunity to register for Country Update 31 October, 5.30 PM.
- Road to Expo 2020 – New Zealand Events, 1-13 November 2019.
- Special Benefits for NZMEBC Members.
Applications open for Dubai Future Accelerator Programme
Start-up or Scale-up companies seeking to expand their business into the Middle East market are invited to apply for the Dubai Future Accelerators (DFA) programme pairing the world’s most exciting technology start-ups with leading government and private sector organisations in Dubai.
The 7th cohort of the programme is currently accepting applications from companies creating transformational solutions in the fields of healthcare, retail, energy and water, VR and AR, blockchain, AI, IoT, drones and quantum computing. This cohort is working with the Dubai Police, Roads and Transport Authority, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, Dubai Health Authority and Etisalat Digital (telco).
Selected companies get invited to a 9 week in-residence program in Dubai starting 21 January 2020. The programme provides the following benefits:
- Access to senior decision makers within the government partners
- Paid travel and accommodation for up to 3 team-members per company
- You are not required to provide any equity in your organization
- The Programme is focused on providing a testing bed for your technology, insights into the regional market, mentorship and access to the local ecosystem.
Submit your application latest by midnight, 17 November 2019, NZ time here.
For a report on the first cycle of the programme see here.
For further information please contact Michelle Boag at email@example.com or 021-940884.
NZMEBC Commercial Workshop scheduled for Wednesday 4 December, 5.30 PM, accompanied by Christmas Drinks
NZMEBC is pleased to announce that the Commercial Workshop which was postponed from September will now take place at 5.30 pm, Wednesday 4 December, Level 16, 45 Queen St. The Workshop is being hosted by NZMEBC member Hudson Gavin Martin and will feature contributions from:
- NZMEBC Member Nathan Banks of Banks Legal in Dubai
- NZMEBC Chairman Andrew Short of Furnware
- NZMEBC Executive Committee members Edwin Lim of Hudson Gavin Martin, Brad Wheeler of EY, Simon Cartwright of Hesketh Henry and Tanya Foster of Tegel.
The above members will be providing advice to those in attendance on company registration, business protocols, key recent tax developments and the local regulatory framework.
Pre-registration is essential as Christmas Drinks and nibbles will also be served at this event.
Facilities will be provided at NZTE and MFAT offices in market for those who wish to attend by video-conference.
Please RSVP to Michelle Boag at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021940884.
Last opportunity to register for Country Update 31 October, 5.30 PM
There are still places available for the Country Update on Thursday 31 October at 5.30 pm. This will be held at Level 16, 45 Queen St, the offices of Hudson Gavin Martin.
We are delighted to advise that Head of MFAT’s Middle East and Africa Division, Stuart Horne, will be joining us for this update, providing the latest information on what is happening in the region.
Please RSVP to Michelle Boag at email@example.com or 021-940884.
Road to Expo 2020 – New Zealand Events, 1-13 November 2019
NZTE invites all NZMEBC members to its Road to Expo event series around New Zealand this November, looking at how Kiwi businesses can benefit from Expo 2020 Dubai.
Opening in just over a year’s time, Expo 2020 Dubai will be the largest World Expo ever staged – bringing together 192 nations and 25 million visitors from around the world over a six-month period. 70 percent of visitors are expected to come from outside the Middle East, making Expo 2020 Dubai a truly global event.
At Road to Expo events you’ll hear from Clayton Kimpton, Commissioner General for NZ at Expo, and Tony Martin, NZTE Regional Director for the Middle East, India and Africa, about:
- Progress on Expo 2020 Dubai and New Zealand’s presence at Expo.
- How you can use the New Zealand pavilion at Expo 2020 to reach regional and global audiences.
- How to get involved in NZTE’s Expo Leveraging Programme, including tailored in-market activities for current exporters, and our Discover the Middle East programme for businesses new to the region.
- The latest market trends in the region, and how to take advantage of Expo 2020 to capture the exciting opportunities in Saudi Arabia, India and Africa.
If you want to grow your business in the Middle East, India or Africa, or simply want to understand how your business could benefit from Expo 2020, you’re invited to join.
Sign up now to secure your place. Attendance is free.
- Dunedin – Friday 1 November, 11:00am to 12:30pm, NZTE office, Level 7, Westpac Trust Building, 106 George Street, Dunedin
- Christchurch – Monday 4 November, 3:00pm to 5:00 pm, Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce, 57 Kilmore Street, Christchurch
- Nelson – Tuesday 5 November, 10:30am to 12:00 noon, NZTE office, Level 2, 75 Trafalgar Street, Nelson
- Wellington – Thursday 7 November 9:00am to 10:30am, NZTE office, Level 15, The Majestic Centre, 100 Willis Street, Wellington
- Auckland – Friday 8 November, 9:00am to 10:30am, NZTE office, Level 6, 139 Quay Street, Auckland
- Napier – Monday 11 November, 9:00am to 10:30am, Hawkes Bay Business Hub, 36 Bridge Street, Ahuriri, Napier
- Tauranga – Tuesday 12 November, 9:00am to 10:30am, The Smart Business Centre, Bay Central, 65 Chapel Street, Tauranga
- Palmerston North – Tuesday 12 November, 11:00am to 12:30pm, The Factory, 21 Dairy Farm Road, Palmerston North
- Hamilton – Wednesday 13 November, 9:00am to 10:30am, PwC, Level 4, corner Ward and Anglesea Streets, Hamilton
Special Benefits for NZMEBC Members
Members are reminded that special flight concessions are available to members from Emirates, the Council’s major sponsor, for all NZMEBC members.
These rates may be accessed by contacting Simon Urbahn of Business World Travel, contact details for Simon are:
Phone: 09 529 3700