In this issue:
- Middle East Country Update, 31 October 2019.
- New Chairman for NZMEBC.
- Road to Expo 2020 – New Zealand Events, 1-13 November 2019.
- Special Benefits for NZMEBC Members.
Middle East Country Update, 31 October 2019
All NZMEBC members are invited to attend an Update on current issues in the Gulf and neighbouring countries, plus the latest news from the Dubai 2020 team.
The meeting will be hosted by NZMEBC member Hudson Gavin Martin at their new offices on Level 16, 45 Queen St.
Video conference facilities will also be available for those who cannot attend in person – please email firstname.lastname@example.org for video conference access.
The previously advised Commercial Briefing will now take place early December – date to be advised. Pre-registrations are accepted via email or on 021-940884.
For participation in person please contact Michelle Boag, email@example.com or 021-940884.
New Chairman for NZMEBC
Andrew Short of educational furniture manufacturer Furnware has been elected Chairman of NZMEBC for the next year. This follows the retirement of Stewart Germann after more than four years of service as NZMEBC Chairman at the recent AGM.
Deb Schlichting was re-elected Vice Chairman, Chris Paykel was re-elected Treasurer and Edwin Lim was re-elected Secretary.
Tanya Foster of Tegel was also elected to the Executive Committee of the Council.
Please see the link to view biographical details of Executive Committee members.
Road to Expo 2020 – New Zealand Events, 1-13 November 2019
NZTE invites all NZMEBC members to its Road to Expo event series around New Zealand this November, looking at how Kiwi businesses can benefit from Expo 2020 Dubai.
Opening in just over a year’s time, Expo 2020 Dubai will be the largest World Expo ever staged – bringing together 192 nations and 25 million visitors from around the world over a six-month period. 70 percent of visitors are expected to come from outside the Middle East, making Expo 2020 Dubai a truly global event.
At Road to Expo events you’ll hear from Clayton Kimpton, Commissioner General for NZ at Expo, and Tony Martin, NZTE Regional Director for the Middle East, India and Africa, about:
- Progress on Expo 2020 Dubai and New Zealand’s presence at Expo.
- How you can use the New Zealand pavilion at Expo 2020 to reach regional and global audiences.
- How to get involved in NZTE’s Expo Leveraging Programme, including tailored in-market activities for current exporters, and our Discover the Middle East programme for businesses new to the region.
- The latest market trends in the region, and how to take advantage of Expo 2020 to capture the exciting opportunities in Saudi Arabia, India and Africa.
If you want to grow your business in the Middle East, India or Africa, or simply want to understand how your business could benefit from Expo 2020, you’re invited to join.
Sign up now to secure your place. Attendance is free.
- Dunedin – Friday 1 November, 11:00am to 12:30pm, NZTE office, Level 7, Westpac Trust Building, 106 George Street, Dunedin
- Christchurch – Monday 4 November, 3:00pm to 5:00 pm, Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce, 57 Kilmore Street, Christchurch
- Nelson – Tuesday 5 November, 10:30am to 12:00 noon, NZTE office, Level 2, 75 Trafalgar Street, Nelson
- Wellington – Thursday 7 November 9:00am to 10:30am, NZTE office, Level 15, The Majestic Centre, 100 Willis Street, Wellington
- Auckland – Friday 8 November, 9:00am to 10:30am, NZTE office, Level 6, 139 Quay Street, Auckland
- Napier – Monday 11 November, 9:00am to 10:30am, Hawkes Bay Business Hub, 36 Bridge Street, Ahuriri, Napier
- Tauranga – Tuesday 12 November, 9:00am to 10:30am, The Smart Business Centre, Bay Central, 65 Chapel Street, Tauranga
- Palmerston North – Tuesday 12 November, 11:00am to 12:30pm, The Factory, 21 Dairy Farm Road, Palmerston North
- Hamilton – Wednesday 13 November, 9:00am to 10:30am, PwC, Level 4, corner Ward and Anglesea Streets, Hamilton
Special Benefits for NZMEBC Members
Members are reminded that special flight concessions are available to members from Emirates, the Council’s major sponsor, for all NZMEBC members.
These rates may be accessed by contacting Simon Urbahn of Business World Travel, contact details for Simon are:
Phone: 09 529 3700