In this issue:
- Registrations for Commercial Workshop and Christmas Drinks still open, Wednesday 4 December, 5.30PM, Level 16, 45 Queen St.
- Heads of Missions Biennial Visit planned for May 2020.
- Cultural Briefings available to NZMEBC Member Groups.
- Special Benefits for NZMEBC Members.
Registrations for Commercial Workshop and Christmas Drinks still open, Wednesday 4 December, 5.30PM, Level 16, 45 Queen St
NZMEBC members have one more week to register for the Commercial Workshop followed by Christmas drinks on Wednesday 4 December at the offices of Hudson Gavin Martin, Level 16, 45 Queen st, Auckland.
NZMEBC member Nathan Banks of Banks Legal in Dubai will be attending in person to give members the opportunity to learn about:
- Legal and regulatory frameworks (federal/emirate/freezones)
- Different ways of doing business in the UAE (contractual/agency/different forms of legal entity)
- IP protection and employment
- Some recent developments of interest (move to 100% foreign ownership)
Members of the NZMEBC Executive will also be available to assist with advice on taxation and legal issues.
There is no charge for this workshop for NZMEBC paid up members.
To register please email email@example.com or call 021-940884 by Monday 2 December.
Heads of Missions Biennial Visit planned for May 2020
The two-yearly visit of New Zealand’s Ambassadors back to New Zealand will occur in the last week of May next year.
As is our usual practice, NZMEBC will be hosting a breakfast event for Ambassadors from the Middle East region as part of the visit. This will be a useful opportunity for members of the Council to have direct contact with our diplomatic representatives in the market and to ask them questions about current issues in the region.
Look out for further details in our newsletters next year or for advanced expression of interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cultural Briefings available to NZMEBC Member Groups
NZMEBC member companies wishing to brief their staff prior to visiting the region for business or exploratory purposes are now able to book a cultural briefing session which covers what to expect in terms of:
- Understanding religion and its impact on business
- Appropriate dress
- Dining, hosting and meeting protocols
- Language and greetings
- Historical influences in the region
- Understanding the power structures in the region
Enquiries should be directed to Michelle Boag at email@example.com.
There is a modest charge for this service.
Special Benefits for NZMEBC Members
Members are reminded that special flight concessions are available to members from Emirates, the Council’s major sponsor, for all NZMEBC members.
These rates may be accessed by contacting Simon Urbahn of Business World Travel, contact details for Simon are:
Phone: 09 529 3700